The history of our hotel is also the history of the Dreyer family. For three generations, we have been welcoming guests to our beautiful spa town of Bad Rothenfelde in this location. “Rooms available” – with these words, our grandmother launched our path in hospitality at the saltworks. The old cobbler’s building, built before 1900, has been transformed today into a modern hotel with a café. But one thing has not changed: every day, we still get excited to meet every guest who visits our hotel.
There was no such thing as Google Maps or online booking back then. Wilhelmine Hilgemann attracted her first overnight guests with handwritten cardboard signs …
Construction begins, as the hotel grows …
To offer daytime visitors to the spa town a beautiful dining option, the Dreyer family opens the Café as a special project.
The café opened its doors on 1/4/1996. However, at the time it was not operated independently by the hotel.
Following renovation work in 2011, our family decided to continue operating the café independently on 14/2/2011. And we never looked back!
Elfriede and Theodor Dreyer handed over operations to Katja and Marco Dreyer on 1/1/2012.
A good place for a relaxing time. Modern ambiance, a cosy atmosphere, well-being and indulgence!